This bavarian pork roast is simply prepared and tastes delicious. One ingredient is beer, which often amazes Americans. With every bite, a bit of home. The recipe is from a Grandma in Bavaria.Ad/Werbung
Print out this recipe for Bavarian pork roast
Bavarian Pork Roast
recipe from Oma
Prepairing Time 10 minutes
Cooking time 3 hours
Worktime 3 hours 10 minutes
Portions 8 persons
- Pork with rind
- Beer best dark beer
- Root vegetables onions, carrots, celery
- Spice mixture of onion pepper, coriander, pepper, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, parsnips, garlic, marjoram, allspice, lovage, nutmeg, cloves, Sellerie leaves, bay leaves, juniper berries, rosemary, thyme, wormwood, sea salt alternative goes: salt, pepper, paprika, marjoram and caraway.
- For sauce 1-2 tablespoons of flour
- Preheat oven to 320 Fahrenheit / 160 Celsius
- Mix spices in a bowl
- Cut rind into rhombic Design (like the Bavarian flag)
- Massage the pork roast with herb mixture
- Roast pork with the rind upwards in a baking tray.
- Laying root vegetables coarsely cut on the baking tray
- Cook, depending on the size of the roast (rule of thumb per pound 1 hour). Use meat thermometer.
- During cooking regularly baste (about every 10-15 minutes) with beer
- It needs about 1 hour per pound. Use meat thermometer should be 160 Fahrenheit inside.
Use your favorite gravy recipe.